Back sweats can be very embarrassing. They lower our self-esteem and general affect the way we relate to other people. Clothe stains, general soaking of your shirt or top are some of the symptoms of back sweats. Another symptom is that embarrassing body odor. Nobody likes to be associated with a bad smell, but trust me if you have back sweat problems, you will smell.
Most people with sweaty back problems don’t know that there are a variety of solutions to their problems.
Here are some reasons, why you could be having excessive back sweats
- Lifestyle - Naturally active people will experience more sweating than others. You may also be experiencing excessive lower back sweating because you are obese. The pores of an obese person are often closed by the excess fat layers.
- Anxiety disorder - Some people overreact to fear, anger, surprises, and embarrassment. Such kind of people will experience excessive back sweats whenever they’re exposed to such conditions.
- Poor hygiene - Excessive back sweats can also be triggered by poor hygiene practices like re-using clothes, not showering and wearing tight clothes, long pubic hair.
- Drug and substances - Alcohol and other forms of medication like the ones meant for weight loss can also trigger excessive sweating by increasing the rate of metabolism in the body.
- Eating spicy and sugary foods can lead to excessive back sweats.
Remedies for excessive back sweating
There are several ways out there that can help you manage your back sweats problem. Check out some of them below.
Wear the right clothes
Try to dress in clothes made of natural fibers like cotton and cool. These materials will absorb sweat and keep you dry. Avoid synthetic materials like polyester because they retain sweat. Avoid tight clothing because they trigger excessive back sweating.
Improve your personal hygiene
- Take regular showers to keep your body temperatures in check. Showering at least three times a day will take care of your sweating problem. Use deodorizing soaps to take shower. This soap will also help lower your body temperature.
- Do not re-wear clothes before washing them.
- Wash clothes with mild detergents, they help absorb sweat.
- Towel yourself well after a shower to ensure you are dry before dressing.
- Shave the back hair if you have any, this will increase air circulation and reduce your back sweats
- Use the right body cream. There are creams meant for dry skin, avoid them like the plaque.
- Invest in good deodorant. This will help take the odor away.
Check your diet
- Stay hydrated by drinking lots of water to prevent the body from sweating. This will include the back.
- Reduce your uptake of alcohol. The body treats alcohol as an intruder, it, therefore, tries to get rid of it in the fastest way possible. One of these ways is to trigger excessive sweating. Avoid smoking too.
- Reduce the spices in your meals. They trigger excessive sweating.
Antiperspirants work by using a concentration of 10 to 15 percent aluminum chloride hexahydrate to effectively plug the pore on your skin surface to reduce sweating. You need to apply the antiperspirant on your back at night just before you go to sleep and wash it off in the morning for maximum effectiveness of reducing back sweats.
I have used most of these antiperspirants and one thing I have realized is that they are not so good. The only reduce sweating for a short time and then you will start sweating again. Mixing or combining different types of deodorants can provide a temporary solution for this.
Some antiperspirants can cause mild irritation and itching. Be sure to check the side effects before purchasing any antiperspirant.
Try out the sweat miracle
Miles Dawson, a nutritionist, and former hyperhidrosis patient have come up with 5 steps on how to stop excessive sweating permanently. In his Book titled, Sweat Miracle, Dawson says that sweating can’t be stopped by topical treatment alone.
He argues that hyperhidrosis is a complex matter caused by a systematic internal disorder. He said that failing to fix the problem by constantly using drugs and deodorants will worsen the problem.
Sweat Miracle is an eBook with knowledge on how to eliminate excessive sweating through natural treatments. Dawson says that the book is based on a more than 11 years period of extensive research.
Most of the people who have used Dawson’s Sweat Miracle eBook have given it positive reviews, saying the book is cool because it gives a chronological way to get rid of excessive sweating. Another upside to the program is that it does not encourage the use of any drugs, surgeries, or other unnatural therapies.
The Sweat Miracle Guide effectively works on types of hyperthyroidism including excessive back sweats. Apart from stopping sweating, the guide also helps to restore inner body balance.
The only downside is that the book is quite expensive. It goes for around $40.
There are several other advanced ways that are used to treat back sweats. All you need is to visit a dermatologist who will advise you accordingly.