With the ever-versatile trends in beauty and hair care. A fresh, crisp color job is the next big thing to give you that fresh, young, vibrant and beautiful look.
Consider it the predicament of the modern day holy grail of beauty and femininity: you are eager to try something different, thrilled to get out of your comfort zone and keep up with the season’s Ombres hair color mania. Is all this starting to Sound familiar?
However, the idea of sloshing your scalp in crude toxic substances present in regular chemical hair dyes is just beyond fathoming.
It’s a proven fact that regular hair dyes tend to damage hair leaving it lifeless, limp, dry and prone to breakage when used for a significant period of time as noted in Style Caster.
Fortunately, you don’t have to withstand and tolerate these chemicals on your hair and endure that foul smell emanating from them! Thanks to a new alternative, gentler and natural hair dyes: organic hair dyes.
Why organic hair dye is the way to go
organic hair dye similar to vegetable hair dye is obtained from natural ingredients such as herbs. Organic hair dyes usage is quickly becoming the holy grail of alternative natural hair coloring trends all over the world.
It is considered safe due to the absence of harmful chemical substances such as ammonia, formaldehyde, parabens among other toxic ingredients which are considered too harmful to the general health of people as noted in Hair Mag.
Additionally, the alternative use of natural organic hair dye as compared to regular hair dyes minimizes exposure to toxic substances that may increase health problems.
The different varieties of herbs offer a wide range of colors as noted in Wiki Hair coloring which includes:
- Indigo or black walnut-black and darker colors
- Chamomile and calendula- lead to darker blonde
- Teas made from black tea or hibiscus flowers
- Henna and the various derivatives produce a dark orange-reddish hue.
Organic hair colors in contrast to the adverse effects of conventional hair dyes leave the hair softer shinier.
Overview on organic hair color
simply because a product is labeled as organic does not necessarily mean that the constituent ingredients are truly organic.
Mastery, gives a detailed outline of how organic products are approved on a national list by Eco Cert and Soil Associationamong other organic certification boards and the potential loopholes these products are allowed into the markets.
Not all organic hair dyes are safe, different brands contain different ingredients. Simply because a product is labeled organic on the front label doesn't mean it is.
However, hair specialists offer an in depth advice on the products that could possibly be safer and truly organic as advertised on the front label. These include Good Housekeeping, Mastey and Eluxe Magazine to enable consumers to make the best choice, when selecting the best organic hair care product
What to do if you really want organic hair color
For those who live life and love beauty, henna and ayurvedic herb based organic hair dyes maintain your hair, giving it that lusty, luxurious naturally beautiful color as suggested in hennasooq.
- Henna stains: use a pair of gloves and mix the ingredients in a bowl.
- The ingredients you add or mix really matters. Depending on the darkness of the results you aim for, you can opt to use black tea, coffee, walnut extracts or ground cloves instead of just water.
- Ensure that you obtain the freshest and 100% pure natural henna powder and herbs
- Mix the ingredients in the right amounts to develop the best recipe dependent on your hair.
- For smoother application, ensure that the mixture is applied on damp hair.
- Moisturize your hair, because just like all other hair products henna and herbs can have a drying effect on your hair.
- Let your coloring treatment last up to 48 hours to oxidize and settle
- To maintain the color, use co-wash and shampoo bars as regular shampoo can be harsh and strip off the color from the hair.
Types of organic henna hair dyes
Pure red henna is only found in red. The final hair color that will result from coloring your hair is dependent on your original hair color, duration of time the henna stays in your hair and the liquid added.
Henna based organic hair dyes work on all hair types but only offers a darkening effect rather than lightening it.
Henna offers a variety of hair shades as noted inSimple life momwhich include natural henna, brown henna, mahogany henna and red henna.
These types of hennas will have different impacts on your hair depending on your natural hair color as noted in Heavy beauty.
- Blondes hair becomes brighter orange red
- Brunettes acquires Auburn shades
- Black hair gets red highlight which is not easily noticeable unless in the sun
- And if your hair was once chemically dyed, the color from henna will be unpredictable
Other ingredients such as indigo powder and hibiscus are used to enrich mahogany tones and enhance the redness of pure henna.
Ensures retention of hair moisture
The absence of harsh chemical substances in organic hair products ensures that hair moisture is retained within the cortex of your hair. Organic hair dyes only affect the outside of hair cuticles, unlike conventional dyes which penetrate deep into the hair shaft, stripping the hair of hair moisture.
Strengthens and condition the hair
The natural ingredients present in organic hair dyes nourishes the hair leaving it full-bodied, lusty, vibrant andsofter. Heavy beauty, suggest that henna based organic hair dyes are good options for people with type 3&4 hair since it makes it easy to manage frizzy curls.
Moreover, the availability of other organic hair products specifically for the purpose of conditioning and strengthening your hair is an added advantage of ditching chemical based hair products live healthily, love and embrace beauty.
safe for the sensitive groups
The fact that organic hair dye is obtained from plants, they are generally considered safe for use during pregnancy, for cancer patients, people susceptible to allergic reactions and also for dyeing eyebrows.
organic hair dye and gray hair coverage
Organic hair dyes do not provide permanent gray coverage but rather blend gray hair to form a darker color. This is because organic hair dyes can’t penetrate through the hair shaft to alter the texture from inside.