The use of metallic makeup is one of the biggest trends to brace the runways this 2017. With a gold eyeliner, you get to take your look to the next level by just adorning your eye area with the allure of gold.
Best brands in the market
Some of the best gold eyeliner brands in the market include:
- The NYX studio Gold Eyeliner: The NYX gold eyeliner has the highest review in the market. The eyeliner gives you that intense gold pigmentation while moisturizing the skin. The product has a lasting power, and is perfect for creating the depth of line that you prefer, either thick or thin.
- Yves Rocher gold eyeliner: This product comes with a great texture and a fine brush that makes it easy to apply.
- Giorgio Armani #4 Antique Waterproof Gold Eyeliner Pencil: The product comes with a bronze undertone with a yellowish gold look. As a result, it appears brighter compared to antique gold
- Milani Gold: This eyeliner gives you that molten yellow metallic glow that just makes your eyes stand out.
- Ulta Gold Eyeliner: This product is easy to apply, easy to remove, long-lasting, and does not smudge. It is another product with a very high product review.
You can also go for chunky gold glitter pencils or eyeliners such as the NYX and the Ulta brands that happen to be the absolute favorites by most professional stylists. The Nyx professional liquid crystal body liner contains glamorous micro-glitter that gives you that seductive appeal.
Sephora is another gold liquid eyeliner must-have. Sephora has a collection of retractable waterproof eyeliners that are easy to use, waterproof and long-lasting.
The rose gold eyeliner is a subtle way to shine and give you that romantic appeal if you are going on a date. The shade has the allure of femininity and romance that makes it a favorite for people of all skin tones. When shopping for a rose-gold eyeliner, look for a shade that works for you. For instance, if you have a cooler undertone in your skin color, then look for products with more of the rose than the gold. On the other hand, if you have a warmer skin undertone, go for more gold than pink.
Best rose gold eyeliner brands
If you want that magical metallic look with a rose-like shade, then you can go for the:
- Golden Rose Extreme Sparkle Liquid Eyeliner Glitter and Shimmer Style 02. This product is perfect for a day or night makeup and will give you that extreme sparkle. It contains cosmetic grade glitter that will give your eyes that delicate spark.
- Ulta Beauty Rose Gold Eyeshadow Palette: This rose gold eyeliner is easy to apply, blends easily and gives you a silky texture. On the downside, the product easily wears off.
- Chanel/ Rose Stylo yeux waterproof long-lasting eyeliner: This product will give you a “light, rosy, beige”
- TheBalm® cosmetics Cindy-Lou Manizer®: This product works both ways in that it act as an eyeshadow and can also be used as an all-over highlighting powder.
When applying makeup, you can try going for a monochrome look on your face. Rose gold is a shade that is truly flattering, yet subtle even when used generously. The secret is to use a different shade on each feature. Just play around with the different shades of rose-gold. If you want your lips to sparkle, then avoid bold colors or metallic eyeliner on your eyes.
Shopping for the best brands
Take it from an eyeliner enthusiast, there is no “perfect eyeliner” in the market (not to throw off shade to the leading brands!). All I’m saying is, the type of eyeliner you use and its effectiveness in giving you the desired look depends on the look you intend to achieve-either smoky or subtle or any other look that you have in mind.
There are three main types of eyeliners in the market-the pencil, the gel, and the liquid types. The benefit of the pencil is simply because it is easy to apply, and preferred for smoldering eyes. However, pencil eyeliners tend to smudge, they do not last long, and then there is that annoying need to sharpen it. There are numerous gold eyeliner pencils in the market, include NYX and Sephora brands.
The gel eyeliner sometimes comes in a tiny pot with a brush. This eyeliner is easy to apply. Also, this product gives you a neat line and does not smudge. You get to control the thickness of the line and once applied, the product is long-lasting. On the downside, the product dries too quickly and it will take some practice to get used to it. You can try the Lookbook: Coastal Scents Gel Liner, which is amazingly pigmented and affordable. There is also the Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner. Maybelline gel eyeliner is oil-free, waterproof, and safe for sensitive eyes as it is an ophthalmologist-tested product.
Lastly, there are liquid eyeliners. Liquid eyeliners are preferred because of their precision. However, it is tricky to apply a liquid eyeliner and will require some practice. One of my favorites gel eyeliner is the Maybelline Gold eyeliner. The product is inexpensive and long-lasting.
Tips on how to put gold eyeliner makeup
There are many DIY links to getting the glam “gold” look that you want, either for the office, parties or for a romantic night out. Check the brown with gold makeup tutorial to get that glam look. You can also check the rose gold full-face tutorial. According to Marie Claire.com, you can get a smoky golden wing look by following the steps below:
- Start by applying your full-face foundation and concealer.
- Apply the eye-shadow, in this example, the medium brown eyeshadow preferably, on the eyelid (try the Nyx matte warm brown eyeshadow). Also, use the same shade on the lash line.
- Slightly wet the brush to pick up more pigment, and apply the MAC Amber Lights eyeshadow from the inner core of the eye to the center of the eyelid. Also, apply the product under the eye using an “angled eyeshadow brush.”
- Starting from the center of the eyelid going outward, apply a glitter eyeshadow(preferably beige) outward on the lid and under-eye.
- Slightly wet an angled brush and draw out a wing using the M.A.C. Eyeshadow in Amber Lights from the outer corner of the eye moving towards the temple.
- Lastly, apply a black gel eyeliner and complete the look with a neutral lip color.
For more makeup tutorials including the rose-gold eyeliner makeup tutorial, visit makeup tutorials.com, they have some cool tips that will help you get that magical look.